Dinner with the Girls


Chicken paillard topped by a frisee salad and fried shallots from Pastis--which last night I called "Chocolate paillard" to the server for some odd reason--Chocolate on the brain? Max Brenner flashbacks?

Last night The Girls were my mother's girls [her white bracelet barely in the shot behind the fries] and I was the happy tagalong because Pastis is a fav. dinner spot.

One of the things about having food allergies is that when I find a resto that doesn't kill me, I add it to my mental list and I go back again and again [barring a serious menu or chef change, of course. Which if that happens, it gets crossed off and the search begins anew].

One of those safe places is for me is Pastis. Actually, the whole McNally group is great.

Be forewarned and forearmed: THEY USE PEANUT OIL. But generally their servers are great and knowledgeable about allergies and they accommodate you when possible.

And their fries [which are fried in said oil] are some of THE BEST in the city. See them in the background, overflowing with fried goodness?

My favorite meal out is generally brunch: eggs and homefries don't usually have nutty issues. Pastis in particular is always a party however totally overrun by tourists, as is Balthazar. Schiller's is their newest addition, by what three years maybe? And is still mostly New Yorky and yummy.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts