It's Official: No Nut-Free Love From TJs

From:
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:43:32
Subject: Feedback About Your Local Trader Joe's Form
Email Address: allergicgirl@gmail.com
State:
RegionEmail: ne2001@traderjoes.com

Comments: I have tree nut allergies [as well as soy, dairy and wheat sensitivities]. And every single thing I picked up to put into my basket in the NYC store said, "Made in a facility that also processes tree nuts." That even included a vanilla bean from Madagascar! There was not one thing I could buy with impunity.

TJs has a gluten-free program--How about a NUT-FREE section or program on your website?

Best,
Allergic Girl


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello:

Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line. At this time, we are not able to provide a list of this nature regarding "nut-free" products. We understand the need that you've expressed and your request is being forwarded on for consideration. We'll see what we can do in the future.

Regards,

Kerry
Trader Joe's Customer Relations

Comments

Bo said…
That's to bad. But you have to hand it to their customer service for getting back to you in one day.
Allergic Girl® said…
yes, quick turn around but not enough of an answer...i wanna give them my money, i really do!
Unknown said…
I just tried TJs gluten free brownie mix - quite yummy. It is also peanut, tree nut, dairy and soy free, so I think it covers all the necessary bases.

And there is not any weird texture issues with some other gluten free products.

So, maybe, just maybe TJs is catching on. We can wish.....
Allergic Girl® said…
hey mike thank for the update!

unless you are a PR shill in disguise and well then still thanks for the update.

i should check back with TJ's see if anything else has changed in their GF/NF world...
Unknown said…
No, not a PR shill - just a guy with allergies that wished TJ's jumped on board with the nut free products - I mean Salsa made on equipment with tree nuts.... argh!

So, I doubt things have changed too much but for some reason they have this allergen free brownie mix (and pancake mix too, I think?)
Allergic Girl® said…
LOL, i know salsa and nuts how man?

hmm allergen free brownie mix, interesting.

is this in NYC?
Unknown said…
Nope, in Chicago. But I don't see why it wouldn't be in NYC too.
Allergic Girl® said…
it could change region to region. will have to check it out and get back to you. tj is famous for having something one week then not then next.
allergenius said…
I feel your pain! I too want to give TJs my money, but sadly have the same experience that you do.

Popular Posts