Town Restaurant, NYC

Another reader wrote in to tell me about Town Restaurant here in New York City. I’ve been to Country by the same chef, Executive Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, at the newly refurbed Carlton Hotel next to my old job. (Town/Country? Get It?) I ate, what else, but a burger which was fine but I didn’t dine there. So I was very excited to hear such praise about Town Restaurant.

I’m wondering if any of you have been and had a similar experience there?

Hey a.g.,

Hope your new year is going well. I wanted to tell you about an amazing dinner spot.

I have a new restaurant to recommend. Town restaurant in the Chambers Hotel (15 W56th St). Very pricey, very beautiful and VERY accommodating to the allergy challenged. It’s definitely a great place for a special occasion or special date. The food is beautiful and the wait staff was almost overly attentive.

My daughter who is allergic to seafood and nuts had a beautiful endive salad and pasta with feta, I had a delicious risotto but the best was at the end when we asked for desserts w/out nuts and they presented us with several fantastic choices. The dishes just kept coming out.... if she wanted something that had nuts, they made her a version of it w/out nuts (if it was possible).

They explained every dish and made it a point to let us know which dishes were safe for her. It was the most pleasant dining experience that we had ever had in any restaurant and we are not novices....

I can't praise it enough.

Enjoy,

F.

Comments

Popular Posts