Food Allergy Counseling

Food Allergy Counseling
Sloane Miller, Food Allergy Counselor (Picture © Noel Malcolm 2013)

Monday, July 13, 2009

Prickly Pear and Celery Granita, Dos Caminos




“The Dos Caminos Pastry Chef has prepared some interesting feature flavors for National Ice Cream month. One of the sorbets is a Celery and Prickly Pear- it is delicious and really refreshing.”

This was in a missive from Chef Meghan at Dos Caminos Soho about about first Worry-Free Dinners event last night. She wanted to know if our WFD party would like to try this featured dessert.

I’ve never tried prickly pear. I knew it was a cactus and I have no agave, tequila issues; I haven’t heard of many FA peeps having cactus allergies (I’m certain you’re out there I just haven’t met you yet).

The ingredients of the sorbet couldn’t be simpler:

Prickly Pear puree

Celery

Cinnamon

Lime Juice

Simple Syrup (sugar and water reduce)

So I said yes and with our dessert empanadas came out this gorgeous bowl of bright pink sorbet scoops. The above is picture of me, my mouth and nose actually, as I go in for my third helpings on this truly delish and refreshing dessert. And it’s something I’ve never had before. Love that!

No comments: