Pure Room, Hyatt, Hamburger University

Last weekend, I was the keynote speaker at the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network conference in Oakbrook, IL. (I’ll be speaking in Tarrytown, NY too!) It was held at McDonald’s Hamburger University and I stayed at the University- connected Hyatt.


Here is the bridge between the Hyatt Hotel over Lake Fred heading to the University building.
When I called to double check my reservation and ask for some special allergy needs (no feathers for example) they told me they had Pure rooms. I was thrilled and for $20 was upgraded to a special room, one that I’ve written about before here. About two years ago, Hyatt adopted the Pure program for “… 2,000 Hypo-Allergenic Rooms at 125 Full-Service Properties in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.”  They call it Respire at the Hyatt.

What this meant for me – a room purifier, low to no fragrance in the room and feather free bedding. They do all other kind of unseen asthma-friendly things which equaled a non-wheezy Allergic Girl who could make three presentations during the conference with a low incidence of allergies and wheezing. That is the best.

Thank you Pure and Hyatt for a lovely stay.


Comments

Mike Love said…
Excellent to hear, and the rooms are extremely helpful.
Aggie said…
Thanks for the information. I had never heard of a pure room. Definitely going to be looking for those in the future.

Popular Posts